Saturday, July 16, 2011

My Herbal Garden

Herb is something all cooks should not have to live without.  I have for many years bought it from the market or lived with dried ones.


But I have decided to start my own herb garden.  Its been great!  Absolutely wonderful!  Anytime I want to make tea or cook something, all I have to do is just go to my garden and grab a few leaves.  


The herbs grow very well and does not require much tending other than basic fertilizer every now and then.  In fact, it grows unruly and requires trimming, which I did today.   



Daun Kesum - Nice for my Asam Pedas




Limau Purut - Nice for my Tom Yum soup and Rendang curry 





Curry Leaves





Stevia - Nice to sweeten my Green Smoothie




Lemon Balm - Nice as a tea.  Taste exactly like Lemon Grass




Dill - Just bought it.  Not sure what to do with it, yet.



Taragon - Just bought it, not sure what to do with it.





Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Hello. Welcome back. Wah so many types of herbs. Your garden is getting more greens now... I bought a big dill plant but it died the next day in my hand, huhuhu :~(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Milka. I am happy to be back :-) Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. I have a mint (my third attempt - the other two died on me) that is trying hard to stay alive. But I do have the joy of cutting some leaves for some yummy mint tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val: Nice to have mint. I make tea out of it too. Lemon balm and mint tea. Nice!

    ReplyDelete