Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Sweet Potato Leaves

My pride and joy is currently my Sweet Potato Leaves plant.  It does not yield sweet potatoes but I harvest the leaves constantly....

..... in my Maggie Mee

..... in oyster sauce

....  in sambal



Lush at my backyard




Its growing up towards my roof, where I pulled some trellis





Another bunch at the side of the Garden

Its growing so bushy that I have been able to share it with my friends and neighbour... for a meal, anyway.


Its unbelievably easy to grow!


I cannot even begin to express how wonderful it feels to be able to pick my own vegetable fresh whenever I need to cook it.   No need to worry about pesticide or going out to the supermarket.  According to my internet research, the vitamins in Sweet Potato leaves are more nutritionally superior to spinach.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Oh for the day I am able to grow anything well. That's just great, Chris, to be able to get vegetables from your own backyard. All I can get is curry leaves, my sayur manis and pandan are committing suicide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking lush and wonderful ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love young sweet potato shoots fry with dried prawns and sambal belacan!! It goes so well with white rice! It's so convenient to just pluck them from your garden whenever you need to add another dish for a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tree-shades: I know what you mean. I was really bad at that too. But now, everything is growing well and I just love it!

    ReplyDelete