Sunday, September 11, 2011

Growing Sweet Potatoes


I bought 2 pieces of Sweet Potatoes from the Supermarket and was wondering if I could grow them.  I did some internet research and it could be viable growing them in containers.  Easier to harvest the Sweet Potatoes.  This time round, I will not be growing for their leaves.



Trying to grow shoots



There is another variety which I would like to get my hands on, The Okinawan Sweet Potato but I have not seen it in the Supermarket.  The local market sells the above variety organically for RM15 per kg. 

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I did not realised that organically grown sweet potatoes are selling at the price RM15 per kg. This make me happy, we just harvest our sweet potato grown in container and the biggest tuber weight 1.5kg.

    ReplyDelete