Friday, September 9, 2011

Rock Melon

Rock Melon is very delicious and aromatic.  Juicy.  Sweet. Delicious.  


I absolutely have to try to grow some in my garden.  Easy to grow?  Difficult?  I don't know.


I bought one the other day in Giant Supermarket and it cost RM7.99 per kg! Yikes!  So, expensive eventhough its grown in Malaysia.  So, a small little fruit cost almost RM10.


I am going to try really hard to grow some.  






My Little Boy finished 1/2 of this Rock Melon all by himself




I am not sure how long it will take for it to grow and fruit.  But. I. Am. Going. To. Try.  








Metal Trellis for the Rock Melon plants





Rock Melon growing well



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Where did you buy these metal trelises? Are they expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn Belle: The metal electrical pipe can be purchased from the hardware shop. Its about 17 (I think) feet per pc. Request to cut according to the size of your trellis e.g. 6 x 5 x 6 ft. Prices varies from hardware shops. It should be between RM42 to RM48. They almost last forever. So, its good investment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it usually takes about 3-4months for the first fruit.

    ReplyDelete