Saturday, August 13, 2011

Green Smoothie

One of the best thing about growing my own organic vegetables are eating it cooked or raw without fear of pesticides.  Other than having it stir-fried or steamed, eating it raw guarantees that all the nutritions are maximized. 


But.


Who is brave enough to eat Kangkung (Water Spinach) raw?  Or Long Bean leaves, Four Angled/Wing Bean leaves or Sweet Potato leaves?  


Not me.  Except.


In my Green Smoothie.


Green Smoothie is a revolution.  There are many articles in the internet and I am fully convinced that its the best way to eat greens raw.  There are some technique to it e.g. 


  • Make sure you do alternate your vegetables and not eat the same one continuously for weeks.  Eventhough you can use the same fruits.
  • Mix only fruits and green leaves.  Absolutely no vegetables or nuts.  So, I always take away the stems, just use the leaves.
  • Start with a few leaves and eventually add more.  Some who are not used to eating Greens might have some side effect.
  • Slowly sip the Green Smoothie and mix with saliva before swallowing.

Victoria Boutenko from the Raw Family started the Green Smoothie revolution.




A bunch of freshly plucked Kangkung (Water Spinach)


A bunch of Stevia, a Fuji Apple, a Green Apple and an Orange.  Not the ideal combination of fruits but this is the only fruits I could find in the fridge



All cut up in cubes and added some cold water

Blended for 40 seconds and it turns bright Green




A Mug for me and one for my Little Boy





I have a lot of problems convincing my Little Boy to eat either cooked or raw vegetables.  Making Green Smoothie is the only way I can get him to gulp down Greens without much fuss.  Most of the Green Smoothies are sweet because of the fruits.  Mangoes and Bananas are the best to make smoothie but most times I just use whatever I have in my fridge.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment