Sunday, August 21, 2011

Passion Fruit Plants in Recycling Containers

I had some redundant containers which was kept.  It was 2 broken dustbins.  Somehow it was time to utilize it or discard it.




The dustbin was covered with plastics so that it can contain the soil properly




A large hole cut through 



Filled with soil and planted Passion Fruit plants



The 2nd broken dustbin, holed, filled with soil and planted with another Passion Fruit plant






Close-up of the Passion Fruit





This fence is just in front of my house, like a Security Fence.  I plan to let the Passion Fruit grow vertically onto the fence


Passion Fruit is one of my favorites and when I knew I could grow it, I have been so excited.  Unfortunately, I have not had a single fruit, so far.  


But.  


I. Am. Not. Giving. Up.


I am going to grow it till its successful!



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Passion fruit with ice cream...Yummy! Hope your passion fruit plant will grow very fast and supply you with many fruits to enjoy with your family. Very inspiring, you always have great ideas to recycle stuff for your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malay-Kadazan girl: I hope so too! I try hard to re-use the 'rubbish' I collected rather than throwing it away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idle of reusing this rubbish bin. I am also trying to grow passion fruits from seeds of store bought ones (from Jaya Jusco supermarket). I'd be interested to know your progress as this is my first time with passion fruit. I am also growing the plants in a container to be trained on my front yard fencing.

    I like to eat passion fruit with plain yoghurt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn Belle: My passion fruit is growing well but unfortunately not fruiting yet.

    ReplyDelete